Thursday, July 21, 2011

B-I-N-G-O, B-I-N-G-O, and Bingo was his name-o

Well, I haven't written in a couple days. I was having a few lazy days. I did a little bit of shopping and getting some things I needed for my classroom.

I bought a file crate and a desk lamp. I am still trying to figure out ways to get organized. I know last year keeping student portfolios up-to-date was something I was bad at doing. I saw on a blog (one I don't remember at this very moment) of a teacher that used the file crate to keep student work in. I usually kept them in my desk file drawer but I would always just throw their paper in there and then would spend FOREVER getting them filed and organized whenever I got around to it.

So this way with the file crate, they will be in plain view and I can simple find the tab with the student's name and slide the work, or whatever, into their file. Easy right? I'll let you know how it all works out.

I absolutely hate clutter but as a first year teacher, there was so much going on it was hard to stay on top of everything. I'm trying to change that now.

Besides doing a little shopping and laying around watching t.v., I also went and played bingo with my parents. It was a lot of fun. It was free and we could win prizes! Ok, the prizes weren't much... mostly crochet tissue box covers (of which, I didn't win).

I might play bingo more often. It was very relaxing and a lot of fun. I have never played bingo in a bingo hall but I might now.

Well, I probably should be getting some cleaning done. Since I was having my lazy days the last two days, I have a lot of stuff to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment