Sunday, July 17, 2011

Getting Ready...

Well, summer vacation is almost over. It's sad to think that in less than a month summer vacation will be just a memory. Don't get me wrong I love what I do, but I also enjoy having so much free time. I have started thinking about how I did things last year and planning how I would like to change them if they didn't work. This next school year is going to have a lot of changes. I'm redoing my whole classroom management plan and incorporating Whole Brain Teaching. It is such a cool way of do things in the classroom. I've added a link to the website under "Favorite Websites" on the bottom right of my blog.
I am also getting a Promethean Board this year, of which I'm super excited about. I've spent time this summer going to trainings for it and finding/making flipcharts to be used. I haven't actually gotten to play with my new toy, but I will get some time when I go in to work on my room in two weeks. I've been hitting the back-to-school sales at WalMart, Target, and the dollar stores. I've found some cool stuff. Such as: Whiteboard sentence strips found in Target's dollar section.
At WalMart I found this cool chair for me to sit on during carpet time for $18.
I'm just trying to find ways to make my classroom more homey and more me. Last year was my first year teaching and it was a whirlwind of chaos. It seemed like no matter how prepared I felt, I wasn't. Of course, as the year progressed it all got easier. No matter how well college prepared me during student teaching, it is so much different when your first year rolls around. I've learned a lot during last school year and have a notebook that I wrote down things that needed to be changed for the next year.
Even though summer vacation is coming to an end, I am really excited about this new school year and the changes I'm making.
It's going to be a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment