Sunday, July 31, 2011

Letter Beads

Thanks to Tara at Create-Share-Inspire for the great idea for these letter beads.  She calls them Letter Puddles.  I wanted to use them for small groups and for a center to make words.  I thought maybe I could use them to spell spelling words or sight words.  It was such a clever idea.  I chose to leave off the magnets so the students can move them around on the desk or table.

You can head on over to her blog to find out how it’s done.  I’ll post brief instructions, too.

Materials:

  • Letter stickers (from Target’s Dollar Spot)
  • Glass beads (from Dollar Tree)
  • Mod Podge
  • A small paint brush
  • wax paper

2011-07-29_16-04-35_12

The rest is pretty easy.  Just paint the back of a glass bead with some Mod Podge, then put a sticker face down on to the bead and apply a little more Mod Podge to seal it in place.

2011-07-29_16-14-33_240

I laid them on the wax paper to dry. 

2011-07-29_16-42-30_100



A little word of advice… since these are stickers (and they’re pretty darn sticky), I used the bristle part of my brush to hold it to the bead while I removed my finger.  It’s all pretty easy and they look so cool.  I love them and I think the kids will too!

Thanks Tara for the wonderful idea!

1 comment:

  1. I had those stickers in my cart and put them back! DARN!! What an awesome idea! Love my Mod Podge!

    ReplyDelete