Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 1 of Classroom Set-up

I started unpacking my room today.  It was all so overwhelming!

I started my day by making an iced coffee and heading out to the school.  Got to my classroom around 10 and just didn’t know where to start.  Moving classrooms sucks!

First off, my first thought was “Wow, the last teacher in this room really cleaned it up.”  Then I opened my cupboards and there was a ton of random useless stuff in there.  Then I open up the desk and guess what was in there!?  More random useless stuff.  That’s where I decided I needed start.

I pulled everything out of every drawer, cupboard, and cabinet in the room.  I put it all on my desk and spent forever going through it all. 

After all that crud, I unpacked all the boxes in the room.  I put everything in it’s general location that I want it to be.  As I’m putting things where I want them, I notice the top of one of my bookcases is wet.  I look up and see the A/C is leaking water.  

FAN-TAS-TIC!

Then, I have people on my room on a ladder and their tools everywhere trying to fix my A/C.  On top of that, they were not able to fix it today, so they have to come back tomorrow.

On an exciting note, I got to play with my Promethean Board.  It’s been almost 2 months since I took training for it.  I had so much trouble getting it turned on and I could not figure out how to calibrate the screen.  I did a quick Google search and figured it out. 

I still have so much to do and maybe tomorrow I will get some pictures once I get more done.  I have yet to get one area completely done.

I guess we’ll see how tomorrow goes!

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment