Monday, August 8, 2011

Last day of freedom

Today is my last day of summer vacation.  We go back tomorrow to start the busy week of meetings.  I have a day or so of working in my classroom, too.  I can’t believe it’s over.  I am excited though to get the year started.

I got my enrollment for this year and so far I have 19 kids.  That’s pretty great because last year I had 25!  I’m looking forward to less bodies in the room.

I got a crazy idea today to change my word wall.  I know I had it all done but I wasn’t really liking it.  I didn’t match my color scheme very well. 

So, I went to the teacher store (and also treated myself to a Caramel Frappuccino from Starbucks) and bought new borders.  I tried to get ones that had the avocado-ish green color I am doing.  I found two I liked so tomorrow when I go in I have to take down the old borders and put up the new ones.

Then I need to decide how I am going to do the colors for the word wall themselves.  If you look at my older posts with my word wall, I had red, orange, and yellow stripes.  I’m trying to think of a way to incorporate the colors for my theme. 

If you remember, I was unable to locate the green construction paper.  Hopefully, tomorrow when I go in I will be able to locate it.  Cross your fingers! 

Another idea I had is heading down to Hobby Lobby and buying some scrapbook paper.  I might still do that.  Decisions, decisions!

I will post pics when I get it all figured out. 

1 comment:

  1. I always tell myself that a little Starbucks makes even a big task more manageable!
    You should be proud of all of your hard work--and I'm glad we haven't found any scorpions in our classrooms in San Diego!

    Happy New School Year!

    ReplyDelete