Thursday, August 11, 2011

Long time, no write

I have been so busy this week.  I've been trying to get my room completed along with staff meetings, trainings, and grade level meetings.  It’s been a crazy week.

Today was our building work day.  Our district doesn’t have our open house until the end of August (we start Monday).  We decided as a grade level to hold a Meet the Teacher Night.  We decided to do it today.

So, even though today was a building work day for us to work in our classroom.  I spent my day getting ready for Meet the Teacher Night.  Not a lot got done in my room.  On top of it all, I had only 5 out of my 21 students parents show up. 

My room is pretty much done except for piles of papers and a bunch of small things to get done.  The bad thing is, the small things always add up to be a lot.  Luckily, the furniture is in place and bulletin boards are done.

I’m loving the way I have it set-up.  I’m really glad I decided to do a color scheme because it makes everything come together.  I meant to take pictures but I forgot with the craziness.  I will try to get some tomorrow.

I am so exhausted.  I can’t even imagine how I’m going to feel after Monday is done.  I am really excited to get the year started.  We’ve had so many changes to things this year.  I’ve been racking my brain to make sure I’ve got it all covered.

We got new reading curriculum.  We had a ton of boxes to empty and sort this week.  After all the unpacking, we have no teacher editions, testing materials, or a bunch of small things we need to do a full on lesson.  It’s horrible.  Hopefully, they’ll get it all straightened out soon.  They want us to do a baseline test (which I’ve mentioned we don’t have the stuff for) by the end of next week.

Then we need to start the curriculum on the 22nd (did I mention we have no teacher editions).  AHHHH!

They have also decided to make all the specials (P.E., computers, art, music, etc.) in the mornings.  They’ve changed our start time to 7:55 a.m.  Oh, they’ve also increased our reading block to 2 hours (previously 1 1/2 hours) and math to 90 minutes (previously 60 minutes).  I’m having so much trouble trying to fit it all in.

I’m so tired! Lol

Well, I guess I should start getting ready for bed and worry about it all tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment