Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The One With The Drool In The Eye

The field trip went pretty well.  We went to the planetarium first.  I think the kids liked it the best.  Then we went to the museum that is next to the planetarium.  We got to look at art work about and by Native Americans.  We also got to see some stuff about the history of Roswell.  Then we went to the public library and learned how the library works.  Then, the students got to hear stories about space.  I then did something embarrassing. The students were all sitting down on the floor listening to the stories. Two students were talking so I walked over, leaned over and told them to stop talking. One of the students was looking up at me and next thing I know, drool slides out of my mouth and lands right in the student's eye. To make it worse, I immediately tried to wipe the drool off and just ended up rubbing it all around his eye. It seemed like it all happened in slow motion. It was so embarrassing!
So, anyway, I started out the morning by starting the rearrangement of my classroom.  I unhooked all the computers and moved them to their new space (it really wasn’t far from their original spot).  Well, next thing I knew it was time for school to start and I was only able to hook up a few of them. 
After the field trip, the kids went to P.E. so it was my time to finish my project.  I got them all finished and I’m pretty happy with the way it turned out.  I like having some of the computers pushed up to my desk.  It keeps the kids from touching stuff on my desk. 
Well, as promised, here are a couple photos for you.  Winking smile
2012-03-27_13-47-09_500
This is my teacher center.  I like that it is a little more separate from the rest of the class.
2012-03-27_13-47-25_584


This is the computer station. 
I wasn’t really sure about the rearrangement at first, but I’m really liking it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment