Monday, March 26, 2012

The One Where It's Been Forever And A Day!

I know, I know!  Man, it has been one crazy year.  I haven’t had a lot of time to post on this blog.  I haven’t really even had much time to look at other blogs.  It’s so crazy!
It’s been a pretty great year.  It’s hard to believe that in less than 9 weeks the year will be over.  I’ve been trying to decide on ways to fix some of the problems I’ve had this year.  These problems aren’t anything serious, just some things that haven’t been working out well in the classroom
I have decided to rearrange my room a bit.  I will get some pictures after I finish it.  I will get some time tomorrow.  We have a field trip to the planetarium, museum, and the public library.  We should be done at 1.  When we get back, I’ll pop in a video for the kiddos to watch while I rearrange some.  I’m not doing a lot of rearranging, though. 
I got a new u-shaped table and I want to set up my teacher station a little differently.  I also want to move the computer station around a little.  We’ll see how much I get done.  LOL
I’m still amazed by how quickly this year has gone by.  I can’t believe that I am almost done with my second year of teaching.
I’ve been, again, writing down ideas that I would like to implement next year.  I know I want to do more of a sort of guided reading thing.  We don’t use guided reading at our school but I think it will work well with our new curriculum. 
I also need to change up my classroom library.  I used baskets this year (look at my other posts to see what it looks like) but I’m not really liking them that much.  I’ve been checking out some websites for inspiration.  If you have any ideas that could help me out, or something that has worked well for you… please comment! 
Alright, I guess that’s enough for now.  I want to try to keep up on this a bit more from now on.  Cross your fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment