Monday, April 2, 2012

The One with the Math Journals

Today I started math journals with the students. I’ve been wanting to do math journals for a while but just haven’t had the time to get them ready. I found a template of one that someone else created and tweaked it to work for me. I can’t remember where I got the template from. We use Number Literacy for our math interventions. I used some of their topics to help plan out the math journal page. Since today was our first day doing the journals, we went over it together. I should them where to write and how it should look. I will continue this for the rest of this week just to get them in the routine. Next week, the students will be on their own filling them out. The students LOVED them! The journals will only be for this month. After we finish the journal for this month, the students will be able to take them home and share them with their families. They are really excited about taking them home to show them off. I would love to post the journal for you all to have but I can’t figure out how to get them on here. LOL. Alright, Alright! I think I got it figured out. Not sure how well it will work but if you would like a copy, you should be able to download it. If it doesn't work, please let me know and I will get it figured out. Math Journal Page 

No comments:

Post a Comment