Friday, April 20, 2012

The One With The Mental Health Day

Yes, I took a day off.  This will only be my 2nd day I have taken off this year,  I’ve gone to work sick and everything.  I figured I deserved to take a day for myself. 
The only other day I’ve taken off was to drive back to Kansas (a 14 hour drive) to see family for Christmas.  I wanted some time to rejuvenate before the last month of school.  It’s crazy how I’m almost done with my 2nd year of teaching.
I’m ready for the year to be over and get ready for next year.  I can tell the kids are ready to be done, too.  They are getting a little antsy lately.  “A little” was a bit of an understatement.  They are talking constantly! 
Anway, enough about work.  It’s my “me” day, so I have to stop thinking about work.  I have spent my morning drinking coffee and watching “The New Adventures of Old Christine”.  That show is so funny!  I also got the dishes done and am now getting ready to clean up the rest of the house.
I also put up a really cool calendar I made in December.  I found the idea on Pinterest and made it for my roommate for a promotion he got.  He never got around to hanging it up in his office and it was just sitting on our dining room table. 
He has now decided to go back to his old position and will most likely not be hanging it up at his work.  I got tired of seeing just lying around and decided to attach some magnets to the back of it and hang it on our refrigerator.

The picture came out a little blurry.  I swear it didn’t look that way when I took the picture.  Go figure!
It is just a black plastic frame I bought at Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon.  I used scrapbook paper and cut it into the squares and glue stick-ed them to the paper that came with the frame (I turned it over of course so it was white).  Then I just use dry erase markers to write on it for each month.  I love the way it came out.
Well, I guess I should get back to cleaning and enjoying my day.  Hope you are enjoying your day, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment