Monday, July 9, 2012

The One With The Common Core Pacing Guides

I can not believe that it is already July.  Not only July, but the second week of July.  Today, and for the next 2 weeks, I will be sitting with 2 other first grade teachers planning our CCSS pacing guides.  The two teachers I'm with are pretty great.  We get along well and seem to have the same personality type as me.  These pacing guides are to help the district determine what each grade needs to have mastered by each quarter.

It was kind of hard to get started but the next thing we know, we were on a roll.  After we complete the quarterly pacing guides, we need to determine and plan our assessments.  I'm pretty excited about planning out the assessments.

On my way home from the CCSS pacing guide meeting, I stopped at Target to get a few things for my nephew's birthday.  I stopped by the dollar area and they are starting to get some teacher stuff in.  I was SO excited.  I bought 2 pre-inked stamps and a set of hand die-cuts that I will probably use for a bulletin board or something.

They had a lot of other school related items but I need to figure out what I need first before spending all my money.  I need to plan out things I really need to buy.  I want to eventually get rid of my teacher desk so I'm slowing trying to figure out ways to make that transition an easy one.  It may not be this year, though.  I don't think I'm really ready yet. LOL

Anyway, with a little over a month left, I feel like I have so much to do.  I really thought I was going to get so much done this summer but I haven't done much of anything.  It has been going by so fast.  Hopefully, it slows down some so I can get some stuff done.

No comments:

Post a Comment