Monday, July 30, 2012

The One With The "Behind Closed Doors" Linky Party

I saw that Amanda at One Extra Degree is having a Behind Closed Doors linky party.  This will be my first linky party and I'm excited to do it.

Unfortunately, the custodian is still working on our floors so the pictures I'm about to post are from last year.  Hopefully, this will be okay. ;)

Alright, to get started.  This photo below is my teacher area.  The book shelf (not filled yet) holds my teacher editions for math, reading, writing, social studies, and science.  I might get rid of my teacher desk this year... I haven't decided yet.  So this area might change some this year.  The green crate on the right side holds the students' portfolios.
This photo is our carpet area.  I know that I'm getting a new carpet this year-which I'm super excited for.  I have an overhead projector cart (not pictured) that goes on the side of my Promethean Board to hold my laptop, document camera, and Slate.
 
This is again the carpet area.  The green shoe holder is holding our Activision Voters.  If you don't know about them, they are clickers that the students use if I want to give the whole class a quiz and they can push letters, numbers, or they can text in their answers.  The small multi-colored shelf on the floor holds a lot of stuff that goes with calendar and Number Literacy (that's what we use for math).  Above that, one the white board, is a blue magnetic holder I bought from Dollar Tree and it holds more of calendar things, index cards, and pens/markers.
 This area is my writing area.  The small tan shelf has a white board on the front.  The shelves holds clip boards, markers, crayons, and big books.  The top shelf has cups for pencils and paper.
This area has my word wall on the top.  The blue cubbies on the right are the students' mailboxes.  It holds all their papers and things that need to go home each day.  I use the number system in my classroom, this way I don't have to redo it each year.  The bookshelf on the bottom holds our classroom supplies (the green baskets) and classroom library (blue baskets).  I keep all the students' glues, glue sticks, pencils, rulers, and scissors.   
 This area has all the student books for our math and reading curriculum.  The shelf is getting a make over this year.  I am putting black poster board up over the shelves and adding a border to it.  This was it will hide all the clutter on those shelves.  It looks hideous!
 I got this table toward the end of last year so it was kind of just put in this space.  My old table was smaller so I had to do some rearranging spur-of-the-moment.  This area may change some.  The book book shelf on the right holds all my small group and centers materials and manipulatives.  Sorry, I don't have a close-up picture of that shelf.
 Last, but not least, is the computers.  This area might go under a little change.  I'm going to add paper and a border to the side by the computers to hold my Daily 5 bulletin board.
 Sorry, I didn't have any current pictures to show all my classroom organization.  I wanted to join the linky party but I'm not allowed in my building yet.  I'm hoping for tomorrow!  Cross your fingers!

If you would also like to join the linky party, click here.  Can't wait to see how everyone is organizing their classrooms.

1 comment:

  1. Your classroom from last year looks very nice and organized. Thanks for sharing your classroom. I am your newest follower. Stop by and visit my blog when you have a chance.
    Connie:)
    www.welcometofirstgraderoom5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete