Sunday, July 29, 2012

The One With The Box Of Letters


This will be a quick little post.  I just wanted to share this idea I saw on Pinterest.  It's a great because it won't cost you anymore than what you already spend of food.  And you're recycling... bonus!  :) Plus, if the little ones in your classroom lose any of the letters, it won't be that big of a deal.

I have been cutting apart all the boxes I can find in my house. I've been getting super excited when I finish whatever is in a box so I can cut the letters out.  Nerd, I know!  My roommate saw the container sitting on the counter the other day and thought I was sending out a ransom note. LOL

What you will need are empty boxes, such as cereal boxes.  Cut out the letters and put them in a storage container.  That is it!

I've asked my own parents to save their boxes, too.  Another idea is to ask your students' parents to send empty food boxes to school.

If you would like to see the original idea from Pinterest, here it is.

I just thought I would forward on this neat little piece if you haven't seen it on Pinterest yourself.

1 comment:

  1. Glad that you found the idea useful - it is the ultimate renewable resource! Good for fine motor skills too!
    I am very impressed with how tidy and organised your classroom is - it looks like such a great place to learn.
    Cheers
    Emily

    ReplyDelete