Monday, August 13, 2012

The One Where I'm Mentally and Physically Exhausted

Phew!  I am so tired.  Today was the first day of school and it was good and bad.  I had 1 student not show up (apparently she moved) and got 2 new students after getting all students in the class.  We have breakfast in the classroom so I was going over that and trying to collect supplies.  Then I had to get the 2 new kiddos set-up.  It was crazy!

Then we had an assembly at 8:30 so I had to get the kiddos prepared for that.  The whole morning just seemed so rushed.  After the assembly, though, things ran so much smoother.  Although,  I was behind schedule the whole day.

And... I never got my carpet put in my room so the students had to sit on the hard floor.  I need to find out what's going on with it.  I can't remember if I've talked about my carpet before.  At the end of last year the school bought me and the first grade teacher across the hall new carpets (I love them.  They are so cool).  Well, when the secretary ordered them she forgot to get the skid resistant backing on them.  They had to order it and it wasn't there in time when school started.  They told me that they were going to put them in our rooms so we can use them until the backing came in.  Apparently not!!

Then to top off the craziness, I had one of the rudest students... EVER! on the first day of school.  He would not do his work, and talked and interrupted constantly.  I have never had to move a child's stick on the first day of school.  I got fed up with it after lunch and made him move his stick.

Other than that, it went well.  I have some pretty sweet children.  I also have a few talkers but I knew they were coming.  I have them every year!  LOL

I even had to treat myself to a Lemonberry Slush from Sonic on  my home.  Now I'm relaxing and watching the closing ceremony of the Olympics from last night.  I DVR-ed it because I couldn't watch it yesterday because I had way too much stuff to do for today.

I'm so glad the first day is done!!!  It's time to get my relaxation on!

1 comment:

  1. I go to sonic every morning on my way to work!! The two ladies who work there know my schedule! If I'm late or off schedule they get worried!!! And they give me free drinks!! Gotta have my route 44 coke zero with easy ice!

    Greg

    ReplyDelete