Friday, August 24, 2012

The One With A New Carpet

Another week is done.  After 2 weeks of school the students are finally starting to pay attention more and be a lot less talkative.  This class is so much different than my last 2 years.  They don't really care about learning and would rather just draw and do easy things.   They also seem a little less mature than my class last year.

I are finally getting them on track with routines and the schedule.  This is making my life so much easier.  Hopefully, next week will go a lot more smoothly than the last two weeks.  I really do like my class though.  There are some real sweeties!

Along with my second week of school being completed, I finally got my new carpet yesterday.  I was so excited.  I forgot what it looked like because I picked it at the end of last year.  However, I LOVE IT!
Sorry that the picture quality is so horrible.  I took the photo on my iPod Touch.  My Droid X2 takes way better pictures than my iPod.  I didn't realize the picture quality was so bad until I emailed it to myself.  Oh well!

I missed a few days of Blog Hoppin's Teacher Week linky party but I thought that I would do the Freebie Friday.  I started it on Monday but got super busy and didn't get time to do the rest.  Opps!
                                                     
Well, for Freebie Friday I thought I would share my homework folder's "stays at home/bring back to school" labels that I put inside each student's folder.  This way they can see the house and know if stays at home, and the bus so they know it needs to come back to school.  It's pretty basic but it gets the job done.  

I print them out and I use packaging tape (which I should have put on my Monday Must-haves because I use it all the time) to tape the labels inside each side of their folder.  I get the packaging tape from Dollar Tree.  Sorry I don't have any pictures of their folders.

Here is your freebie
                                                     

Have a great night!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the labels! Droid X2? Come on, it's time to upgrade to the IPhone! I was a Droid guy for years and then I got the IPhone and was hooked!!

    Greg
    Www.kindergartensmorgasboard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower here, well new as in the last month. Anyway, Isn't it funny how at the start of the year they always seem more immature than last years kids were? Well, that is what always happens to me. To be honest I think it is an illusion most of the time.

    I couldn't see your carpet. :( I am sure it looks great though. Oh and I am with Greg, an iPhone upgrade is needed. I take pics with my iTouch too and have noticed they are not as nice as my iPhone. Oh well.

    M
    Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It is probably an illusion that they are less mature then the previous year. Oh well, I like them all anyway.
      I'm not available for an upgrade until December. I'm definitely getting an iPhone though. I love my iPod so it seems only right to keep my phone in the same family.
      Thanks for being a follower! :)

      Delete