Saturday, August 11, 2012

The One With Pictures... Finally

I finally have pictures of my room!  I have been trying to put them on here for about an hour but I was having internet problems.  Well, that has all been solved so here are the pictures.  My room is pretty much done but I still have some small things to finish.  They are going to have to wait until Monday.  Tomorrow is my relax day (and my birthday) before the crazy first week of school.

Anyway, without further ado... here are the pics
 This is my calendar area.  I used magnetic holders (green on the left, blue on the right) I bought from Dollar Tree to hold all my stuff I need for calendar.  I actually peeled off the magnets and just stapled to the wall.  The orange/green thing on the right is my bathroom passes.  I got them from Clutter-Free Classroom.  They were one of her free Blackline Design Teacher Tips.  Unfortuanatly, they are no longer free but with the upcoming sale at Tpt, you can get them for 28% off.
 This is my Daily 5 board.  The cute posters I got free from Ginger Snaps Tpt store.
 The board on the left is my Cafe board.  These posters are part of the same set I got from Ginger Snaps.  On the door is my Home Card pocket chart.  Each student has a card that they must give to me before they can leave to go home.  This way I am able to keep track of them and I know that I saw them leave.  I just use index cards (the colored ones came from Dollar Tree) that I laminate.
 This one doesn't really have any thing for me to explain.  I think I've talked about it before in a previous post.
This is part of the computer center.  Someone stole 2 of my chairs and we have no more of that size in our building's storage.  
 This is my magnetic word work center.  The students will get to use magnetic letters to practice their spelling words or sight words.
 My small group/teacher table.  This is the table that I talked about in my last post.  I bought a calendar from Dollar Tree (yes, I buy a lot from Dollar Tree).  It is meant to go in a binder.  I taped the sleeve part to the table and I just slide out the calendar part.  This way I can keep track of when I test the students on fluency, sight words, and what ever needs to be worked on for math.
This my Promethean Board.  The green thing on the right is a shoe holder.  It holds our voters that go to the Promethean Board.

Alright, that was it.  Exciting wasn't it!?  LOL.  I guess I am ready for the first day of school on Monday.  Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Your classroom looks great ! I had two chairs missing when I came back,too...AND the Thursday (just the Thursday) of my calendar set. Baffled is the best word I can use ! Anyway, looks great & happy early birthday ! I love the shoe holder idea for the voters. We're getting boards soon, so I'll definitely remember that! :)

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great!!! Good luck with your start back:) We're starting week 2!

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  3. The room looks great! Have a great first week back. It's week two for us!

    We have a kleptomaniac in our building so we label EVERYTHING!!!

    Happy Birthday!

    Greg
    Smedley's Smorgasboard of Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you are definitely ready! Happy birthday! Have a great first day!

    ReplyDelete