Thursday, May 2, 2013

The One With May Currently

Today was a not great day but not a bad day either. It was more of a survival day. I had a parent of a kindergartner come and observe my class. Her child has an IEP and she wanted to check out two of the first grade teachers to see which one she liked best. I was recommended from the school social worker. I was told the parent was only going to stay for 10 minutes... she was there for 45 minutes! I'm not sure if I want her to pick me. LOL. On one hand, it will be nice to have a parent that cares that much about her child's success. On the other hand, I've heard that the child is bit of a behavior problem. I've had my full of behavior problems this year. The rest of the day was pretty much the same as every other day. Lots of talking and arguing between the kids. Now onto my May Currently.

I decided to do some cleaning when I got home from work.  I sent my Roomba off to clean the floors.  Living in the desert leaves a lot of dust... EVERYWHERE!  I love my Roomba and would highly recommend the money spent on one.  

May has brought in some lovely weather (today was an exception).  It has been sunny and in the high 80s.  Today it was in the 50s.  BOO!

House renovations are taking their toll.  We have been working on our 2nd bathroom and it has been a pain. We decided to rip out all the tile in the shower because it had to be done.  Someone before us decided to install the tile over drywall.  The wall was wet behind the tile.  We took out the tile and drywall and have spent the last month putting up cement backer board and putting up white subway tile.  We finally finished the shower area last weekend so the rest should hopefully go by quickly.

I'm needing a clone... I think that one's pretty self explanatory.

My summer bucket list is pretty boring.  I would like to get the 2nd bathroom completed and redo the kitchen.  The kitchen is just all white and it needs some of our personal touches.

Now, head on over to Oh' Boy 4th Grade to do your own May Currently!

1 comment:

  1. I always feel so intimidated when being observed, especially by a parent! 45 minutes?! I would have been a bundle of nerves. And probably would have put them to work. ;)

    ReplyDelete