Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The One with My Dossier

I've been working all morning on my Dossier.  I need to have it completed by July and it is a lot of work.  I have almost one section complete (there are 3).  If you don't know what a Dossier is, check out this post I posted a while ago: The One with Reading Mastery.

I've planned into my schedule to work on it for a least one hour each morning.  I thought I had so much done on it before and now I look at it and it seems so endless.  I guess I will have to buckle down more and get it completed.  AHHH!

I hope everyone had a fantastic 3 day weekend.  I had a pretty good one.  Got more work completed in the hall bath.  Walls are painted, light fixture is up and the floor is almost all ripped out.  Let me tell you, ripping out linoleum glued to a cement floor SUCKS!  But it's almost done.  Whew!

My oldest brother came down from Kansas to visit.  We had a barbeque at my parent's house on Sunday.  Monday we went to Target to get some laundry soap.  I also took the opportunity to take back a bungee chair a student gave me for an end of the year gift.  It was a really cool chair but I didn't have a use for it.  Here's a pic of it from Target's website:
It's a very neat chair but I already have a chair similar to it (no bungees though) in my classroom and I had no where to put it at home.  I decided to return it and use the money to buy stuff for my classroom.  Of course, I didn't buy anything yet.  I am switching to tables instead of desks next year and I have been looking for ways to store and organize the students' supplies.  I've done a lot of blog hopping and Google searches for ideas but haven't come up with anything I really like.  That is where the gift card I got from returning the chair comes in.  I'm hoping I can find some things to use in my classroom at Target.  Anybody have any ideas on what to get?  Anybody already have tables and can share some ideas that you do in your classroom?

Well, I need to get some other non-school related stuff done so "I'm off like a dirty shirt."

No comments:

Post a Comment