Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The One with Summer School Prep

Went into my classroom today and rushed like a manic to get everything set up for tomorrow.  I feel like I am so unprepared for the first day of summer school.  Wish me luck!

I thought I would post some pics of my day...

This is what my room pretty much looked like when I walked in.  I had already started working on the mess when I took these pictures.
 This is a picture of what used to be the staff parking lot.  The construction company broke ground on our new school over the break.  It looks so crazy!
 After a lot of work, here is my new word wall.  I kept the same design but changed up the colors.  It looks so bright and fun! 

 I posted before (I don't exactly remember when) that I decided to change my behavior chart.  Well here it is.  The idea came from 3rd Grade's a Hoot and First Grade Glitter and Giggles.  I love it!
 Next to the behavior chart is my classroom rules.  They are rules from Whole Brain Teaching.
 As I was getting some bulletin board border out of my storage area, I dropped this bin of clothes pins.  Can we say "classroom foul"?  This pretty much sums up my whole day.  Chaos!

I will let you know how my first day goes tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your first day! Your room is really coming together - love the word wall ! :)

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete