Sunday, December 15, 2013

The One with the Ridiculously Long Break

I don't know what to say.  I have no excuse for being gone so long. Things got so busy and the next thing I know, it's December.  That's  4 monthes since I posted last.  Or 13 days!  Holy cow that is a long time!

School has been super cray-cray!  Our state has been undergoing some major changes with education.  Some of which I am not too happy about.  I don't really want to get into it here.  One major change has been the way teacher's get evaluated.  We now have 3 observations from our principal.  Each one is supposed to last about 40 minutes to an hour.  I have no problem with getting observed.  The requirements and time needed for each observation is a bit much.  Since the start of school on August 12th, I have had 2 observations.  So crazy to think we have only been in school for 4 months and I've already had two observations.  Good news is I won't have another one until February or March.  Yay!!!

During my long absence I have created some games I have been using in my class.  They are based off of some games I got (for FREE!) from Mr. First Grade.    I have always had trouble with students mastering their digraphs.  So I decided more practice was needed.  These games are fun... my little owls love them!  One is to practice the ch sound and the other is for the sh sound.  If you are interested in them, click the pictures below.  BTW, they are free!!
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Watch-for-the-Witch-A-ch-tch-game-941685

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Dont-Sink-the-Ship-sh-Game-935780 
I've been trying to work on new things for my classroom.  I have decided that pretty much everything done in my classroom needs to be revamped.  I feel like I'm losing my little owls and they are not staying engaged.  I have been trying to find new ways to keep my little owls engaged.  So I have decided to come out of my long break from the blogging world.  I have not been reading blogs... let alone posting on my own.  I do follow some blogs on Instragram and Facebook so I haven't cut myself out completely.  There are just some bloggers I just can't stay away from.  Hehe.  

Since I have decided to revamp my classroom, I thought to myself "Where else can I get help for this major problem in my classroom but from the amazing teachers around the world?" So I opened up my Bloglovin' app on my iPad and started reading.  I've also been hitting Pinterest.  There are so many great ideas out there, I'm not sure where to start.  :S   

So with that, look forward to more of me... I will try to keep this updated again as often as possible.  Things just keep getting cray-cray!  You can always follow me on Instagram and on Bloglovin'.  

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment