Wednesday, December 25, 2013

The One with a Weekly Wrap-up

Merry Christmas!

I cannot believe that it is already Christmas.  Man, has the time flown by.  This past week has been a whirlwind, too.

We got to tour our new school last Wednesday.  Well, it is not close to being done but they let us walk around it.  It is like a maze!  One exciting thing about it was the chance I got to stand in my new classroom.  Here it is!
I'm totes in love with the windows.  You can see one in the back and there is another one on the other end of that wall.  The floors are polished red concrete.  Awesome!  I can't wait for it all to be done.  The man standing there in the hard hat is the main contractor.  He said they plan to have us be able to move our stuff in by May.  MAY!!!  That's cray-cray!

Thursday was the last day before winter break.  It was early release.  The kids were allowed to leave at 1:30.  I didn't get many gifts from the owls.  I don't do this job for the gifts, though. Hehe!  However, I did get a really cute owl candle holder (see photo below-top right frame).  After the kids were gone my first grade peeps and I decided to head over to Starbucks and exchange gifts.  They gave me some pretty awesome gifts.
 I got one tumbler with a snowglobe in the bottom (top left), another tumbler (top left), a plug-in wall scent warmer (bottom left), and owl measuring spoons (bottom right).

During lunch on Thursday, I got an email from the HRC with some really great news. New Mexico is the 17th state to allow same-sex marriages.
So exciting!  Now my fiance and I have been busy planning out our wedding.  We have decided to do the wedding ceremony at the courthouse then having a reception the following day.  We've been in discussion of doing a 20s theme for the reception.  We have also discussed having the reception in April.  That is as far as our discussion had gotten.

Friday was our Christmas.  He drives to Kansas to see his family and I stay in here with mine.  We've been doing it for the last 10 Christmases.  It has sort of become a tradition.  Are you ready for gifts from my man!?  Here goes!
He got me a teaching reference book (top left).  He knows I've been looking for ways to get my class more engaged.  He got me a sweater and a pair of Happy Socks (top right).  He bought me a new SiriusXM radio for my car.  I LOVE it!  He also got me a jet spa for our bath tub.  He got me a bunch of little things too.  A candle, Story Cubes, a few pairs of Andrew Christian underwear (OMG! TMI!), and a few things I can't remember at this time.

Saturday through Monday were pretty uneventful.  We worked on the laundry area in our house cleaning up the mess of laundry detergent that fell and spilled EVERYWHERE!  We removed the washer and dryer to clean up the mess under the machines.
The dryer didn't really fit in this area anyway so we decided to fix all the baseboards (or put in where they had to cut them out to fit the dryer).  After some discussion we decided to by a new dryer that will fit better in the space.  We ordered it online at Lowes and it will be here Friday!  Can't wait.  Plus, I really need to do laundry.  LOL

Tuesday I visited my parents.  We ate dinner and watched Christmas Vacation.  Then we unwrapped presents.
They bought me this cute framed artwork from Hobby Lobby and some body wash from Bath and Body Works.  I can't wait to hang the artwork up in our hall bath.  So cute!

That brings us to today.  I am sitting on the Christmas morning drinking my caramel latte and watching Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince.

I hope you all have a safe and merry Christmas!


1 comment:

  1. Guess what? You just got another follower too!! : )
    Congrats on your upcoming wedding! Very happy for you.
    Re: your firsties behavior....have you tried Class Dojo? I've used it for 2 years now, and it's done WONDERS for my classroom mgmt. Lots of different way you can use it. Here's a link to my post about it. http://teachingpoweredbycaffeine.blogspot.com/2013/09/we-got-first-timer-here-linking-up-with.html

    Also, I wanted to reply to you when you commented on my blog, but you're a no-reply blogger. To fix that, just follow these easy instructions: http://ideasbyjivey.blogspot.com/p/no-reply-blogger-no-more.html

    Have a great vacay!
    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete