Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The One with the Year in Review

Okay, so my first attempt at a linky didn't go over as well as I'd hoped.  Guess what though?  I'm not giving in.  I hope you are looking for funny stories this week because round 2 will be this Friday.

Another year coming to an end, I started thinking about the last year.  A lot has happened over the past year.

My fiance and I bought a house!  It has almost been a year.  It was January 10th that we signed the papers.  Crazy!  We have made a ton of changes to it.
My school broke ground on our new school.
It has been so exciting watching the progress.  I taught summer school for the first time... ever!  Not sure if I would like to do that again.  LOL.  The money was nice but I did miss my summer.  However, doing summer school I got to watch the new school construction from the very beginning.

I also passed my Dossier.
I spent so much time working on that document.  It was insane the amount of time I spent on it.  It did get me a $10,000 raise though.  I was so happy to see all my hard work pay off.  I passed it like a rock star.

During this year I have seen many changes in New Mexico's education system.  New Mexico has adopted the A-F grading system for each school.  Our school has not done so well so we are basically under construction physically and mentally.  Our evaluation system has been changed, too.

To end off the year, New Mexico is the 17th state to legalize same-sex marriage.
My fiance and I have been busy trying to plan a wedding.  We went to the courthouse yesterday and picked up our marriage license.  So hopefully 2014 will be as good as 2013.

With that I am saying good-bye to 2013 and hello to 2014!!!

P.S. I also wanted to link up with Simply Kinder for her Teaching Blog Linky Party.  It's to help teachers find more resources and find new readers.   I needed both!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm so excited to have found a fellow NM blogger! I'm just starting out on blogging and it has been a learning experience! I'll be following your blog for sure!
    http://onthegoteachermama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete