Sunday, January 5, 2014

The One with the Weekly Preview

Today is my last day of break.  Such a sad day!  I wish for just one more day.  I'm crossing my fingers for a snow day tomorrow.  It's crazy because there is pretty much no chance of precipitation in the forecast.  Miracles can happen, right!?

If I'm ready or not, tomorrow is happening.  I better get ready for the week.  I'm working on lesson plans for the week.  Thought I would preview the week for you.

Phonics:  The little owls will work on reading and writing words with endings -ed and -ing by doubling the final consonant.  They will also work on words with r-controlled vowel pattern ar.

Reading:  Our main story for the week is Frog and Toad Together: The Garden
We will do the first read as a whole group.  We will build background knowledge and review vocabulary and sight words prior to reading.  We will also be working on determining the author's purpose for writing this story. Then on Wednesday the owls will be paired up to read with their reading buddies.  They really enjoy doing this.  They ask every Tuesday if it's time for buddy reading.

Writing:  My little owls will write sentences using verbs for the past and for the future.  I am also planning to have the owls write a narrative about a snowman.  We are working on stages of the writing process.

Math:  Our class is starting a chapter on spatial sense and patterns of shapes.  The owls will work on determining a pattern on shapes and if a shape has been slid, flipped, or rotated.

Plus centers and small group interventions.  I have yet to finish planning those.  I needed to take a break from planning.  I guess it is time to get back to it, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment