Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The One with the End of the Year Wrap-up

Let's just pretend that months haven't past since I posted last.  I really thought I would do better at keeping up on this... FAIL!  Epic fail!

School is finally out.  This was a very trying year.  The class started out great but as the year progressed they became argumentative and disrespectful.  Not just we me but with each other. 

This year also brought on my state's new evaluation system.  I am not a fan!  It is a horrible system and I hope they get it fixed before the next year.

Looking back now though, I can also see many good times I had this year.  I thought I would share with you somethings that helped wrap-up my year (this will be a long post).

First off... I GOT MARRIED! #WHA-WHAT!!
It was great.  It was bit on the windy side, though.  The rest went off without a hitch.

I also got to tour our new school and see my new classroom almost completed.  I love it! 



We also did a closing ceremony to say goodbye to the old school.  It was a bitter sweet day.  The old school needed to be replaced but I started my teaching career at that school.  So sad!  During the ceremony we all let balloons go.
We went to the zoo as our end of the year field trip.  It was a lot of fun.  We saw lots of animals, played at the playground, rode the train and carousal, and ate snow cones.  Here are some photos of it all:




We had a "fun day" during the last week of school.  We normally have a field day but we no longer have a playground (that's where the new school is being built).  There is a park two blocks over from the school.  We walked over and did some activities for our fun day.  We did a ball tossing contest, sack races, tug-o-war, and a hula hoop competition-just to name a few.  The teachers also joined in on some of the fun. (Sorry there is no picture of my doing the sack races.)
We did a lot of GoNoodle.  My kids love it!  If you have never done GoNoodle in your class... you need to!  Some of my kids favorites are singing Let It Go from Frozen and doing Dinosaur Stomp by Koo Koo Kanga Roo.

During all this time, I had to pack up my entire classroom.  It was a lot of work but thank goodness I have a part-time associate to help me out (probably not next year and I will miss her).  She did most of my packing. 
Then my classroom was basically empty and my summer began.  I almost cried (but I didn't) looking at my room all empty.  I'm going to miss that old, rundown classroom.

Now to the end off this very long post.  My sister has started a blog.  It's not a teaching blog.  She will be blogging about life as a mother and wife. Go check it out: Creative Life In Kansas

No comments:

Post a Comment