Monday, June 9, 2014

The One With Monday Made It

I am so excited!  This is my first Monday Made It.

As a first grade teacher every time students hand in assignments there are always 1 or 2 students who forget their names.  I'm tired of asking "who's paper is this?" over and over and over.  So I recently found this on Pinterest and fell in love.

 Unfortunately, I cannot find the original source for it.  I've tried to locate it but I have no idea where it came from.  I believe it's linked to Mrs. Brown's Blog but I could not find the post that had the pic.  So if there is no post, there were no directions on how it was made.  So that means I had to get creative.  My favorite thing to do.

If you remember a few posts back I talked about the hoards of scrapbook supplies I have.  So I dug out some scrapbook paper that I liked.  Laid them out and glued them down.  I then found these punch-out letters that I bought from Wal-Mart several years ago.


I glued down the letters then, as you can see, it was huge so I had to cut it to a decent size.  I cute it to 6" x 11"

Then came the part with the clothes pins.  I have a ton of clothes pins.  I use them a lot.  You can get them usually at Dollar Tree.  If they are out (which has happened to me before) head to Wal-Mart.  I found another post on dying clothes pins.  All you need is food coloring (liquid drops... I bet Easter egg dye will work too), 1 tbsp of vinegar and boiling water.  I put this mixture in a jelly jar (minus the jelly, of course) and let the clothes pins sit for about an hour.  Take the clothes pins apart or the metal pieces will tarnish (unless you want an antique look).

While the clothes pins were soaking (sorry no pic), I laminated the paper part and then headed to my local Dollar Tree for some adhesive squares.  Well, just my luck they were out.  However, I did find some gel Super Glue.  

I laid out the clothes pins where I wanted them and then glued them down.

Tah-Dah!  All done.  I will use the poster putty to attach it to the wall.  

Hope you enjoyed my Monday Made It!


2 comments:

  1. Very cute idea! My favorite part is that you made it from materials you already had on hand....that's my kind of project! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Abq teacher bloggers are talking about getting together in Nov. Email me at ateaspoonofthird@aol.com if you're intersted in joining us.

    ReplyDelete