Monday, June 1, 2015

Starting Over!

I have decided to start this whole blogging thing over again.  I don't know why I haven't blogged in about a year.  I do miss it.  I do like it, too.  I just got down and felt like no one was reading.  Then, I think, who was I doing this for in the first place?!  ME!  It's all about ME!
A weird thing is after a year all my pictures are gone from my posts.  I don't know what happened to them but that was another good reason to start over.  I have also decided with this starting over phase to redesign my blog.  Hope you like!

So here I am... starting it all over.  I am currently a first grade teacher in Roswell, New Mexico.  I'm on summer break (until Friday when I start teaching summer school).  My first week on summer break was a busy one.  I spent a lot of time getting ready for a camping trip that me and the hubs were going on.  Our camping trip was only for the weekend.  He had to go back to work today.  It was also our first camping trip together.  I love camping but hadn't done it for about 15 years.  The hubs and I have been together for about 11 years.  I took some photos of our camping trip but not a lot.  I was having phone troubles.  It wouldn't hold a charge for long because it was consistently looking for service.  

Here are the photos of our trip.  By the way, we stayed at Along the River RV Park in Capitan, NM.  It is about an hour or so away.   


Here's my small 2013 Ford Focus all packed up for the trip.  I'm amazed that it all fit.  We had to stick a few things in the backseat with the dogs.  One of the dogs got sick and vomited all over the seat.  Yuk!!!
Here's our campground spot.  Sans all the stuff packed in the car.


These are all pics of the park.  It was really nice.  I liked being able to hear the river.  It was right next to us.  However, it got so cold at night.  Brrr!
 Here's our camp spot.  Our site didn't have a picnic table.  So, we took the one from the camp site next door (nobody was staying on our side).

 Deer walked right above our camp site.  It was so cool!  There was a family of about 7 of them.  They drove the dogs crazy!  Our chihuahua, Dori, barked like a mad woman.  However, it didn't phase the deer one bit.
Here we are making s'mores.  That's my husbands marshmallow stick.  And that is all the photos I was able to take.  It was a lot of fun and we plan to go on a longer trip after summer school is done.

I can't promise that I will post everyday but I will try much harder to stay up on my blog.  I really do enjoy it and want to keep doing it.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're back! I haven't written on my blog in forever either! Hoping to get back to it this summer (16 1/2 days to go)! Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I hope the same comment hasn't posted more than once. I seem to be having trouble however I wanted to let you know I enjoy reading your blog. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete